Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oregon

One thing I know for sure, I need to come back to Oregon and spend some more time.

What I missed and will do next time - Crater Lake, Ashford Shakespeare Festival, everything along the coast and stay in a Yurt, more time in Portland.


Any town (Portland) that has electric trams (trolleys) is on my favorites list. This tram is 4 carriages long!!!

Played board games for 8 hours at Guardiangamesportland.com. Great Fun!!!


Saw a Frank Lloyd Wright House in Silverton. Eveything has a 15 degree angle theme including the edges of the kitchen benches.






That wooden pattern on wall ... it sandwiches the glass and is structural. Looks like marine ply.



And.... This was amazing!!!!!!! Saw the plane in the forest that is being turned into living quarters. Something that has been on my list to do for over 5 years. It was amazing to see. This image is from google maps. It was trucked in and then wings reattached. its on the side of a mountain.just getting it there was a major achievement

Thanks to Mark for showing me around and getting me up on the wing to gain access. That was a feat let me tell you!!!!! It might look easy but it was a big effort for me.



You can read more about it here http://www.airplanehome.com/


I have a lot more photos but havent set up a system for them yet.
More soon.....

1 comment:

Rod said...

Looks great so far. You are right about wanting to go, particularly as we were there this time last year (Vancouver I think at this stage). Want to see you get a bit creative with your photos. The tram shot looks very HQ - is it a different camera to the others?

Can't believe you're going all that way in a Civic! How many k's do you think you'll clock-up?

I checked out your friend's bik travel site - looked fantastic - I want to do that too!!