Friday, July 11, 2014

Colorado-Nebraska-Fargo(ND)


July 6 - 10, 2014
Flew into Denver from Orlando, picked up a rental car that I will have for the next 40+ days and headed off on the next leg of my road trip.
Goals

  1. Visit states I haven't been to before
    1. Colorado
    2. Nebraska
    3. North Dakota (Fargo)
  2. Alliance, NE to visit Carhenge
  3. Visit the Woodchipper in Fargo
As usual I stay off the big Interstates, too many trucks, and you don't see anything. I stick to the smaller roads, connecting small towns and farms. Still in good condition, but you feel more connected and a more pleasant drive.

Click on pics for a larger view

I had no cell phone coverage with AT&T on this section. Really? In this day and age?

Carhenge in Alliance NE (B on map)
Another example of a "build it and they will come attraction". My favourite type of attraction.

Haystacks so neatly stacked, beautifully lit by the sun....



















Travelled on small Highway 20 across Nebraska, then byway 12



Long forgotten towns

Fargo is a large town/city, not what I expected from the movie and TV show.

Outside the visitors centre

Inside the visitors centre, they will take your photo with the wood chipper. They have hats and shirts to put on, then take a pic with their own camera to add to the woodchippers own facebook page I am in the July 2014 lot.


















No comments: